Thursday, September 23, 2004

My life changing moment

You ever had a life changing moment? If you're lucky it's a good moment. But most of the time they come out of heartache, pain, dissapointment, fear, horror, anger. Earlier this year I had an awareness that was so painfull that I took a life sabaticale. It was truley a life changing moment.

I recive dozens of emails every day asking me how I'm doing, saying how much they love reading about my life, or how they are feeling the same way. I'm going to post one now that was so moving that I thought I needed to share.

Dear Ms Ross,
What is your first name anyway? I've been reading your blog for about two weeks now and a few recent post have brought me too tears. Ok, let me back up for a minute before I start getting too deep. My name is Chris Baker and I live in Dallas Texas. Our local television station(Ch 8) recently did a segmant on Blog, and the anchorperson, Byran Harris, on one of his News 8 investigates segmants did a segmant on Journals and Blogs. It was interesting to say the least. He said that he had come across yours and he was captivated by your honesty, candor, humor, and emotion. From that moment I am I'm sure most of Dallas have read your blog daily. I find it so comforting, to know someone else has the same feelings. You're lucky though, you can deal with them. Before I met you, or your blog, I was just a ball of emotion and about to explode.
Ok, back to what I was saying. Your posts "The trouble with love" and the Poems "Unashamed" and "Comes the Dawn" were life changing for me. It's how I feel. Just reading your words made me stronger. I am coming out of the dark...I'm not there, but beleive me I'm getting there. There are alot of broken relationships in my life and I came to the realization that the common denominator is me. Thats a hard thing to realize and I just wanted to die. But then I read unashamed. Thats the way to deal. I know I made mistakes, but I'm unashamed of my past. Like I said, it was life changing. Thank you.
I feel like I should be paying you. I couldn't tell you the countless hours I've spent with you and the counciling you've given me. This is your purpose, you are here to help people. For those of us who don't have backbones, or aren't strong enough to make it through life, you somehow carry us on your back.
If I may offer advice to you. Keep you head up, and know what your purpose is. You can do alot of good without even knowing it.
Always gratefull
Chris
Dear Chris,
First off, my name is Cory Ross. My friends starting calling me Ms Ross in College and it just kinda stuck. It really fits my personality.
Now to the real part. Take your own advise. Keep your head up and know what your purpose is. YOU CAN DO ALOT OF GOOD. I started this blog, because I needed a release. I didn't really have anyone to talk to(at least thats what I thought) and I need to get my life together. I quickly learned of it's real power. I can be COMPLETLY honest and not worry what people think. Can you image how freeing that is? That was my main problem, I wasn't truthfull, but in a different way than most. I was lying to myself, for what reason I don't know. Maybe to make the pain and hurt go away. But what I didn't realize was that in lying to myself it was only natural to lie to others. My lies to myself became my reality. I never told anyone a lie to hurt them or to mislead them, I was only telling my reality, no matter how truthfull it was or wasn't.
I am no concelor, and I definatly don't have all the answers, but what I do is something that I wish for you. That is HOPE. You'll begin to see that things are alot more clear when you have hope. When you enjoy each moment, when you take time out for the little things, when you are greatful for each day you have. Make amneds when ever possible, reconnect with you past. Do what you need to do to get on the road of happines, but most of all be you.
Thank you for the kind words, and thanks for reading my blog. I must say it's kinda weird to think that I helped, but I'm glad I did.
Take Care.
Cory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama